- What if you could get both a series of TED-type videos about solving real life challenges, and a comprehensive Do It Yourself (DIY) explanation of how to implement what you’d seen?
- TOP (Technology Of Peace) is a digital and offline platform for sharing challenges and sustainable solutions to poverty and hunger in a network connecting individuals and communities of doers and proven leaders across the globe.
- TOP is designed to address basic human needs and to improve the quality of life of people wherever they live. It offers sustainable solutions based on simple and available materials, tools, and techniques. TOP solutions are easily duplicated and require minimum maintenance costs.
- In October 2016, a group of six organizations in Kenya (Elimu TV, Qwen, RODI, Shofar, SCOPE, and Yard) decided to join forces and establish TOP Kenya. Their initial action was to create the first TOP Connectedness and Leadership course, which was successfully launched in February 2017 at RODI Center, Kenya.
- The TOP platform provides:
- Holistic solutions encompassing economic, social and environmental dynamics
- Explanations of how to solve problems, comprising multimedia illustrations (photos, clips), text, and open source software
- A roster of inventors and designers involved in the creation of the solutions with whom users can communicate directly
- The opportunity to learn, contribute, apply and/or modify existing solutions, and unearth new challenges
- TOP Global is an initiative of the Institute of World Affairs (IWA) that provides training and resources to TOP regional centers.
Co-Founder and Chief Technologist: Philippe Scheimann